In my speech I will argue that the University of Iowa should have some type of parking pass that students who work for University parking or other employees could get after their shift to reduce their parking fees. With our limited spending money due to other costs us as college students have. We as employees are left to either pay the amount or think of other ways to avoid parking all together. It might be easy to avoid parking when you're on campus but someone that doesn't live on the west side which would be my case because I live at the Mayflower residence hall. I always have to leave very early because not every bus that goes to mayflower will take me to work. It is also a pain after work because sometimes I am left waiting for a but for about half an hour because I don't get off of work until 12:30 am.
In this speech I will propose an argument to make parking for university parking employees either free or at least more affordable. It may not seem like a lot of money to pay at first but when you start adding up how much money a student might pay, it adds up. I will use interview some of my co-workers to see what their input on the situation would be and if they think a parking waiver/pass could be useful or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment